Welcome To Of Cloth And Hand

Welcome to Cloth And Hand ~Folk Art~Samplers~Sewing rolls~Sewing Pockets~Cloth Dolls~Heritage Dolls~All hand sewn and created using early, antique nineteenth century calico, homespun, wool, silk, velvet.







Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter What It means to Me

Easter is around the corner...I am planning my dinner menu and grocery list.... And truthfully, generally feeling the burden of another holiday meal without my Momma and our oldest son far away in the US Navy...
I have been in a mud puddle for many weeks now. I have gotten out every now and then but then before I know it... I am in the mud puddle again. I have asked myself why God allows this to happen or that to happen to me/ us....My Granny Lamb was such a wonderful soul. She was strong, yet gave her all to others.  My Mom told me that she had often seen Granny make supper, feed her family and she herself ate only what the others left on thier plate...this was in the late 30's when food was not plentiful.  So, what makes a person so unselfish?  Granny was always happy and when something did happen that upset her she never let it show. Life happens to each and everyone of us and not one of us will get out alive. We can choose how we will react to the events of our life.  See, that is what I have ignored.  It is a choice! I can be miserable or joyful...I don't have to be joyful about a certain event but there is still joy in my life! So.... I have decided to get OUT OF THE MUD PUDDLE  !!
I hope that each of you will feel blessed that you CAN grocery shop for your family, that you will hug your family close this Easter Sunday for we have so much to be grateful for.  Let me leave you with the words from this beloved hymn:

                                       On a hill far away,  stood an old rugged cross;
                                       the emblem of suffering and shame
                                       And I love that old cross, where the dearest and best,
                                      For a world of lost sinners was slain
                                      So I'll cherish the old rugged cross
                                      Till my trophies at last I lay down
                                      I will cling to the old rugged cross
                                      And exchange it one day for a crown 

No comments:

Post a Comment